Life Events: Transitioning Accounts to New Owners
Designate a beneficiary on an account
Designating a beneficiary can define how you wish to transfer your assets after your death.
Transferring a retirement account
Upon an account owner's death, use this information to navigate next steps for retirement accounts:
- Transferring a retirement account to a beneficiary
- Transferring a retirement account without a beneficiary
Transferring a nonretirement account
Upon an account owner's death, use this information to navigate next steps for nonretirement accounts:
- Transferring an individual account
- Transferring a joint tenancy account
- Transferring a trust account
Transferring a corporate, estate, guardian, Uniform Gifts/Transfers to Minors Act account
Depending on the type of account, procedures will vary. Please contact us to discuss your specific situation.